Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Out of Gas? -- Try Knitting!

I can remember growing up. Almost no one I knew knitted. My grandmother crocheted, and if I asked her once, I asked her one hundred times to teach me how to crochet. She would patiently show me the basic stitches, but I could never get the hang of how to crochet!

Finally, I just gave up. Then in high school, I found a great little, green book on learning to knit. And I taught myself. Back then, of course, my best girlfriend knitted as did her mother and younger sister. So we would always be exchanging how-to's and advice, but once I moved out of that circle I was all alone in a knit-less world.

That's why it's so inspiring to see so many newbies knitting! And one of them can be you!

Everyone should learn to knit! It doesn't matter if you are 12 years old or 12 years past sixty. Learn to knit! I can't begin to tell you what fun it is, what benefit to your stress levels you can gain, how portable it is, how many items you can create with the simplest of stitches!

If you need a helping hand, try my ebook, "Ready Or Knit,... Here I Come!" -- you can find it at http://www.theknitstitch.com

Let's start a whole new mind-set in 2006. Instead of hopping in our vehicles, wasting gas (not to mention mileage), plop down in an easy chair with your friends and start knitting! I can't think of anything nicer, more relaxing, more of what we're here for, than to create with our hands in the company of friends or family!

You know, there is always something or someone to buy a gift for. We all have birthdays, graduations, holidays, weddings, babys, picnics, celebrations, anniversaries, happenings, new pets, new homes, and just no occasions at all, to be buying gifts for.

Home-made is nicest of all. Years ago, that word sounded cheap, tacky, like you didn't have enough money, so you made something yourself. But, if you get really good at knitting, your family and friends will want your "home-made" stuff. And they won't be able to get enough of it!

So, who cares, if you are 15 or 50, or if your name is Stephanie or Stephen, just learn to knit!

You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails