Sunday, May 13, 2007

Knitting All Over The World

There's a kind of hush all over the world tonight, people just like us are knitting away!
Herman's Hermits aside, (if you don't know what that means, just "google" it), in between my ebiz, this blog, my knitting, my monthly newsletter, and my life, I currently work full-time. Not by choice, mind you, but there are those bills that need to be paid every month.
When researching online for knitting nuggets, I often run across websites far away from northeast PA, and it always puts me in mind of one thing: just what is going on all over the world?
As I write this installment, it's 9:00 a.m. in my world. Yet, most of the west coast hasn't even stirred their coffee yet! And, people in the British Isles are enjoying a late lunch or an early tea. (I prefer the latter, thank you, but that's another story.)
Somewhere in India or the Seychelles it's night-time and when we are driving to work, they are thinking about going to bed. There are school buses driving kids to school somewhere, and somewhere else they're taking kids home. Where people are busy at work on any given afternoon, others are sitting down to a concert or a play. I watch The Tonight Show and someone else is watching a morning show or early evening news. The world certainly is round because all of us are always moving around the hours.
So, when I sit and knit, I like to think of others who are sitting and knitting, too!
Who else is knitting a pretty summer shawl or learning how to knit their first afghan? Knitting clubs are here, there, and everywhere, teaching some how to knit with circular needles, showing others how to knit using a chart.
If you are looking for that perfect poncho pattern or an easy scarf pattern, chances are someone in another time-zone is, too.
So, here's what I'm going to do: in the next few weeks check back here for some awesome patterns from all around the globe! East, West, North and South, I'm looking.
To start things off right, here is a pretty chenille evening wrap, perfect for those elegant weddings all summer long!
Direct from Shohola, Pennsylvania --




Cast on 57 stitches. Knit 6 rows.
Row 1: (ws) - K1, *p1, k1, rep from * across.
Row 2: P1, *sl 1p wyif, p1, rep from * across.
Rep rows 1 and 2 until wrap measure approx 52 inches.

(note: wyif = with yarn in front)

Fringe away, and you will get so many compliments!

Be sure to check here again next week, and if you have some suggestions for patterns around the world, please let me know! Cheers!











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails