Monday, November 08, 2010

A Christmas Table Runner

Here we are into November already! Now that the Halloween craze has passed us by, there is no excuse for knitting up gifts for all those on our Christmas lists.

Here is a pattern for a very pretty table runner. I always use a cotton yarn for anything for the kitchen; cotton washes easily and is very durable. Even rugs and curtains can be done up in mercerized cotton yarn; especially with all the color choices, you just can't go wrong!

I have given these away for gifts and have one, and very soon, another for my own kitchen. I tried several other patterns of my own, but could never come up with a runner that looked as nice as this one. Amy Stender does a really nice job with this pattern!

Later this week, look for my original pattern for a pretty neck scarf. The yarn is a dusky repeating pattern, and it knits up quickly.

In the coming weeks, look for more Christmas postings, as there is always something to be knitting while watching all those holiday movies on TCM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails