Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Victorian Ornament

Winter is a tiresome guest. Go, already!

I love trying lace patterns for simple adornments, such as a scarf or shawl.

So many pretty, feminine charms have been left off, because women have to be so liberated! From what, I ask, looking pretty? What ever happened to white gloves and dainty hankerchiefs, lacy shawls or open-weave over-the-shoulder warmers? Why do so many want to look like a junior boxer?



I've begun knitting this little ditty, with cotten crochet yarn and when it's finished, it will be a very sublime wrap, perfect for warm summer evenings when beauty still sets the tone.



When it's done, I'll post it here. In the meantime, I am patiently waiting for the snow to dissolve into the ground never to be seen or heard from again. And, it can take the ice on my front steps with it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails