Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Victorian Ornament

Winter is a tiresome guest. Go, already!

I love trying lace patterns for simple adornments, such as a scarf or shawl.

So many pretty, feminine charms have been left off, because women have to be so liberated! From what, I ask, looking pretty? What ever happened to white gloves and dainty hankerchiefs, lacy shawls or open-weave over-the-shoulder warmers? Why do so many want to look like a junior boxer?



I've begun knitting this little ditty, with cotten crochet yarn and when it's finished, it will be a very sublime wrap, perfect for warm summer evenings when beauty still sets the tone.



When it's done, I'll post it here. In the meantime, I am patiently waiting for the snow to dissolve into the ground never to be seen or heard from again. And, it can take the ice on my front steps with it!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails