Thursday, April 26, 2007

Afghan Sampler Patterns

Finally! Winter has left the building!


Spring is my least favorite season of all what with

all the unpredictable weather and allergies starting up

all over again, yet the trees are so pretty and it is so nice

to see color again.


The dogwood trees are some of my favorites. Their lacy

look can be seen from near or far, and always look so

appealing. Which puts me in mind of one of my best-loved

lace patterns. You know, lace knitting looks so difficult, and

that's the secret; it's really very easy and knits up quickly.


I like to call this pattern Gothic Windows, for it reminds me

of the beautiful clerestory windows you often see in majestic

cathedrals. And, that's just what your knitting will look like

when all is said and knitted; majestic!





This pattern is worked on a multiple of 6 sts plus 1.


Row 1: (WS) and all WS rows, Purl.


Rows 2, 4, and 6: K1, * yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yo, k1;

rep from * to end.


Row 8: K2, * yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yo, k3; rep from * to end,

last rep k2.


Row 10: K1, *k2tog, yo, k1, yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1; rep from * to end.


Row 12: K2tog, * yo, k3, yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso; rep from * to end,

yo, k3, yo, sl 1, k1, psso.


Repeat rows 1 - 12 for pattern.


And, so as not to leave out my favorite season of all,

this pattern called Lacy Leaves is sure to please!




It is worked on a multiple of 10 stitches. Here I cast on 40 sts.

Row 1 and all Odd Numbered Rows: Purl.

Row 2: * K2, yo, K1, K2tog twice, K1, yo, K2;
repeat from * to end.

Row 4: * K3, yo, K2tog twice, yo, K3; repeat from * to end.

Row 6: * K2tog, K1, yo, K4, yo, K1, K2tog;
repeat from * to end.

Row 8: K2tog, yo, K6, yo, K2tog; repeat from * to end.

Repeat these 8 rows for pattern until 8 inches from beginning.
Bind off.
Look for more patterns here in the coming weeks, as I knit
them up, I'll post them here!
Cheers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails