Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Paul!


"Will you still need me, will you still feed me, -
when I'm 64"
As an eternal Paul McCartney fan, I cannot believe the day has come! Paul is really what he sings about. He was so cute way back then, and he is still so cute in 2006!

All these years, for all of us, marriages, children, homes, events, deaths, births, music, knitting.
And right there in the song what does he say, "You can knit a sweater by the fireside, Sunday mornings go for a ride."
Nothing better than to sit by a fireside, knitting.

Creating lyrics, scarves, melodies, afghans; it's all the same, really, just a variation on the theme of life. We are what we weave into our hearts; we leave here those strands, to be picked up by others and continued. That's life.

You remember the line, "You'll be older, too. Aaah, and if you say the word, I could stay with you." And the Beatles, and Wings, and Paul, have always been there for us.

It has been one of the blessings of my life, that I have walked the years with Paul McCartney and his music. Happy Birthday Paul and many more!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails